[Groop]Once again, what is that blue buckle called?

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 06:59:19 -0800

It is called a "itakoshiate" and it is a sword holder made for two swords
and fastened to the belt.

Hmmm.  I don't think this can be the STUPID Groo fact of the day, because it
actually imparts something that could be considered educational.  -Gary G.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Allen" <allenjf@gactr.uga.edu>
To: <groop@groo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 6:20 AM
Subject: [Groop]Once again, what is that blue buckle called?

> I've been lurking on the Groo list for right near 5 years now and I
> think this question comes up once a year.  So to keep the annual event
> going , here goes...
> What is the blue buckle that is on Groo's sling called?  I remember Mark
> stated that Sergio told him once, but Mark forgot what Sergio said.
> Does anyone know the name of this thing?
> While we're at it.  Does any one have any theories on how the buckle
> works?  Other than the knots tied around the top and bottom of the
> buckle to keep it from sliding?
> Confused and tormented,
> Jeff
> _______________________________________________
> Groop maillist  -  Groop@groo.com
> http://mailman.newdream.net/mailman/listinfo/groop