[Groop]Answer me my questions 3 and the other side you'll see.

Mark Evanier mail@evanier.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:41:37 -0700

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:22:26 -0400, "Thomas Gatto"
<arwincid@hotmail.com> wrote:

>1.  I just got the Marvel Groo poster (circa 1987) is it any different from
>the more recent Image poster?  I think Image just re-printed it.

ME: Image did not reprint any Marvel poster.

>2.  Anyone know where I can get my paws on the Refrigerator magnets? I've
>been checking Ebay with no luck.

ME: I may have some extra sets somewhere.

>3.  I saw Sergio at a convention with a Sergio lapel pin, which he would not
>sell.  Was it a giveway, or a unique item or what?  Does anyone have a scan
>of one I can add to my wish file?

ME: Sergio has a limited supply of them.  They're a personal gift he
gives out and he doesn't have many left.

>3a.  I read something once (long ago) about Magnor miniatures. Was that just
>a rumor, or were they produced? Any Information on them anyone?

ME: Never produced.

>3b.  Any chance of more Magnor comics? (Please! Please!! Please!!!)

ME: Yes.  Some time next year, Dark Horse is scheduled to reprint the
old MAGNOR series in a trade paperback and it will be followed by a
mini-series sequel.

>3c.  What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

ME: What do you mean?  An African or European swallow?

>4.  (OK 4 questions) I have seen Groo Game promo cards on Ebay.  Do these
>vary in any way from the normal (if you can use normal to describe a Groo
>item) game cards?  What are the differences, and/or rarity?

ME: I have no idea on this one.

>4a.  Whats this Marvel age I keep seeing on Ebay for $99.00 opening bid that
>never sells?  I don't have an item number, but I know someone has seen it.
>So far it looks like anyone who pays that much for a $2.00 comic should be
>forced to read Todd McFarlane comics, as punishment.

ME: It's just what you think it is: A hideously overpriced item.
www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.