[Groop]Answer me my questions 3 and the other side you'll see.

sac@foolarchy.com sac@foolarchy.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:02:12 -0400

I noticed that M.E. already beat me to the punch on most of these, but I do
have two kopins here.

3.  I saw Sergio at a convention with a Sergio lapel pin, which he would
not
sell.  Was it a giveway, or a unique item or what?  Does anyone have a scan
of one I can add to my wish file?

~ Was it a little pin that had his face on it? Dark Horse, I believe,
produced just tiny amount of these a few conventions back and only creators
got them. My girlfriend was lucky enough to get one from Sergio that first
year they came out. (Sergio is a softy for the girls... especially
girlfriends that are fluent in Spanish and Italian). Anyway, if this is the
same pin we're talking about I can scan it for you, providing she let's me
hold it. She keeps it in her with her other treasures and no amount of
begging has helped me acquire it :) I'm not even sure if Gary has one?

4a.  Whats this Marvel age I keep seeing on Ebay for $99.00 opening bid
that
never sells?  I don't have an item number, but I know someone has seen it.

So far it looks like anyone who pays that much for a $2.00 comic should be
forced to read Todd McFarlane comics, as punishment.

~ Ha! In my opinion, complete and total Ebay shiesting at it's finest. He's
trying to kype you out of your money (I just read M.E.s kyping story). No
Marvel Age comic is worth the paper it's printed on as far as a price guide
is concerned. Any value in a Marvel Age title is the value you feel it has
to you. I've never paid more than a buck for any Marvel Age title.

~ In fact, (little soapbox action here) Ebay is full of some black hearted
bastards that will do anything for money! Like this crook:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2129000522 - Grrrr I've
seen his name enough times on Ebay to know his scheme. You know, I actually
didn't get a Groo pin this year because they were all gone once I found out
there were some. This con artist was kind enough to take 10 to sell for $3
a piece on ebay and make $30 off of something free. While I, a true
collector of Groo got jack squat. I had to beg Nates wife for hers :) Now
what's the difference between this black balling ebay bastard and Gary
Grossman? Gary Grossman could have swiped 100 for all I care. I know his
intentions are not to make profit, but to provide pins to everyone he
possibly can, throughout the world. I know that if I asked Gary for a pin,
I'd get one... and probably not even have to pay S&H charges :) I love
ebay. I just don't care for the true sharks of Ebay that spoil things for
other people. I completely blame Ebay for Sergio not drawing as many
doodles as he once did.

http://mail2web.com/ .