[Fwd: Re: [Groop]Groo sketch on Ebay]

Ruben Arellano rarellano@shaw.ca
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:27:05 -0700

Tracy wanted this sent to the entire Groop:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Groop]Groo sketch on Ebay
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:00:50 -0700
From: "Tracy A. Dunnom" <peppers15@hotmail.com>
To: rarellano@shaw.ca

... then there are poor saps like me who will probably NEVER get to meet
"The Man" and the ONLY way an original piece of art work would ever be
possible ... would be to buy it.  But I can see how pawning off a sketch
-vs- original artwork could differ.

Goals in life:
     1).  Meet Sergio.
     2).  Take over the world.
     3).  Carve the entire cast of Friends out of soap ... then bathe my
cat w/it.

Hey!  It's a start!!

 >From: Ruben Arellano

 >To: Nate Piekos >CC: groop@groo.com >Subject: Re: [Groop]Groo sketch
on Ebay >Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:34:29 -0700 > >One could also say
that generous folks like Sergio have raised the >bar for other artists.
That is, I sort of took it for granted that >other artists would be as
nice and generous as Sergio, but when I >started getting interested in
other artist's works, I realized not >everyone is like Sergio. It's not
right nor wrong, it's just the >way it is..... But I do think that an
artist's conduct towards his >fans help foster a fan following and
loyalty. > >Ruben. > >Nate Piekos wrote: > >> >>> >>> >>>No wonder some
artists aren't doing sketches for fans anymore, or >>>have started to
charge if they do. >> >> >> >>~~~ The problem with doing sketches at
cons is that fans expect it. >> If you don't do a sketch for someone you
get labeled as an >>asshole. I've always believed that a creator's
commitment to the >>reader extends only to the 15 or 20 minutes that it
takes you to >>read his/her book. That's what you paid for. That's it.
Anything >>else is gravy. >> >>~N >> >>