[Groop]Finally got around to Archiving last year's e-mail...

Charles L. Klein cklein@mn.rr.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:31:57 -0600

Okay, since I've done this for years and I'm "detail oriented" (I was told
anal retentive sounds bad), here are the numbers _I_ came up with for last
year.  Keep in mind that I (like some others) stopped getting e-mails for a
bit until we resubscribed.  Also, I deleted duplicates and the old "Please
unsubscribe me" messages from people who somehow got on the list and didn't
realize it.  Also, if the display name changed several times, I may not have
caught all of them, but I'm sure there's NO surprises in the list.  Lastly,
being detail oriented, these are based on CST.

Out of 1509 messages we have The Top 5 Posters for 2001:

1 - Gary (What, Me Err?) Grossman - 208
2 - Larry (Need a new nickname) Steller - 101
3 - Azamin (*) Zainol Abidin - 88
4 - Chris (Which Chris?) Schechner - 69
5 - Mark (Man of 1000 jobs) Evanier - 63

Ruben and Eric were next on the list and I personally only posted 21
messages last year.  We have been in a decline in posts over the past few
years, but part of that (I think) is because Nate always had some
information or an opinion to put in as well (He was the top poster of 1999
with 471 messages out of 4684, but Gary beat him last year with 232 out of
2477).  Luckily, I think we still have great messages and info going back
and forth, even if some (like me) end up lurking a lot.

Also, I hope to get a letter in to Mark for Death & Taxes still (if it's not
past the deadline yet), so I better start on that now.

Lurk at you later!

Charles

(*) - I couldn't think of anything even CLOSELY witty to put in parenthesis
here.