[Groop]Groo Misc.

Azamin \"Cantona\" Zainol Abidin azamin7@pd.jaring.my
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:11:53 +0800

> Lately I have been looking at Groo Grams alot and some of you may remember a
> letter Mark received where the writer hypnotized him and told him to shave
> off half of Sergio's mustache, which Mark did, of course, and then Mark
> geared much of the Groo Grams page (and a reference in the next one) around
> that deed.  Well, I bring this up because the letter was written by Kusesa
> Ali from Malaysia.  And I just wanted to let our good buddy and loyal
> Grooper Trooper, Azamin, know that he is not the only crazy Groo fan in his
> country.  (Of course, this was 1987 and Mr. Ali may have been banished or
> exiled in the mean time.)

Yes... I know.... I'm not the only one in Malaysia who is crazy with Groo comic
books.... I started to read Groo fom my cousin's back in 1989.  And a few
Malaysian cartoonist are influenced by Sergio and love Groo comics very much.
Even their style of cartoon is as same as Sergio, which means they started to
draw with the influence of Sergio's style.  And I remembered one cartoonist had
mentioned Groo in his comics book where he is the editor (which is similar to
MAD in US). Then We in Malaysia imported many Groo comic books during the
Marvel/image era and it was sold out now that I had to ask Gary for some that I
don't have.

Azamin
The Malaysian Grooper, the Groo trooper