[Groop]This n' That

Mark Evanier mail@evanier.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 00:29:35 -0700

On Tue, 21 May 2002 22:52:45 -0700, "Gary Grossmann"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>Mark, you previously mentioned you & Sergio have a number of one comic ideas
>for Groo, but the industry is geared for trade paperbacks.  Hey, I'd buy a
>tradepaperback of 4 loosely strung together stories!  I'll bet other TPB
>Groo fans would too.

ME: Believe it or not, DEATH AND TAXES started out to be four loosely
strung-together stories about those two topics.  The first story
started expanding and pretty soon, we had a four-issue story going.

On the next mini-series, we'll probably try doing four
loosely-connected but separate stories.  Let's see if we make it.

By the way, Groop:  We're drawing up the schedule for this year's
panels in San Diego.  I'm doing 13 (!) panels at the moment, every one
of which oughta be fun.  At the moment, Sergio is on a MAD panel on
Thursday at 4 PM, the Groo panel on Friday at 1 PM and a Quick Draw
competition on Friday at 4:30.  All of these may change.

www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.