[Groop]This n' That

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 22:52:45 -0700

Hi Folks!

Well, I was gone for a few days to see my daughter-in-law graduate from
college.  So I'm just catching up with all the messages & reading
www.POVonline.com.

I was very sad to hear about the passing of Dave Berg.  He's always been one
my MAD favorites.  Like Sergio, he has been a constant over the years while
various other aspects of MAD waxed and waned in quality.   Mark said that
some thought his humor corny while others thought it insightful.  I think it
was both, sometimes in the same cartoon, and I loved it.  And I will really
miss Mr. Berg's alter ego Roger Kaputnik and his monthly battle of wits with
his Doctor.

To Thomas Gatto:   Your fiancée takes you for the fool you are!  YOU should
have sat in the back of the truck while she drove!  Better yet, put her in
the back by herself and put the Groo boxes up in the cab with you!  (If I
were you I'd get a prenup. She gets the house, the truck, and the bank
account.  You get Groo.)

After reading the Groo Maiden, I can see why it's hard to bring back
Chakaal.  It's  REALLY easy for her to take over the story and I would think
writing one where she doesn't would be tough.

I can't wait to see the credits page for T.C. Mars.  Sergio has adapted the
original work to comic book dimensions (the first part was originally drawn
for the newspaper sized "Sojourn") so many of the individual panels are copy
right 1977, 2001!!!

Mark, you previously mentioned you & Sergio have a number of one comic ideas
for Groo, but the industry is geared for trade paperbacks.  Hey, I'd buy a
tradepaperback of 4 loosely strung together stories!  I'll bet other TPB
Groo fans would too.

The Official count of International Groos is up to 199!!!

Take care all -Gary G.