[Groop]OT Question for Mark

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 23:38:20 -0700

Hi Folks!

OK, it looks like Spiderman is going to gross at least 500 million.  Let's
just say for simplicity sake that the whole budget for making the movie and
promotion and everything is $200 million.  Mark, do you have any idea or at
least an educated guess on what percentage of the $300 million in profit the
studio will probably get and how much Marvel will probably get?   And does
the studio get any part of the merchandise profits?  And do Mr. Lee & Mr.
Ditko get anything besides a pat on the back?

btw, I understand your frustration that the passing of someone like Dave
Berg, who made literally millions of people laugh for decades, barely makes
a ripple in the press.  But when you say that it "shouldn't be left to the
likes of" you to bring his passing and the magnitude of his work to the
world's attention, I think you underestimate your position as one of the
comic art world's primary keepers of the flame.

Take care all -Gary G.