[Groop]OT: A little bit of networking...

Larry Steller mrgrooism@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:28:21 -0800 (PST)

This is very off-topic, as well as quite self-serving,
so be forewarned. Feel free to skip right over this...

As a couple of you already know, I committed another
Grooism about 3 weeks ago, one that makes me quite
happy at the moment, but will likely make my life
substantially better or immeasurably worse pretty
damned soon.

I quit my job. (all together now) DID I ERR?

Well, yes and no. It's a mighty STUPID (GROOISH) thing
to do in this economy, but I saw it as the only option
I had left, as I was pretty damned depressed and
miserable, and things just kept getting worse. I feel
as though a great weight has been lifted from my
shoulders, even though, ummm, errr, well now there's
no money coming in (oops).

Anyway, enough of that. I've been hitting monster.com
and hotjobs.com and careerbuilders.com and headhunters
and such, and trying to stay patient. On the one hand,
it's only been three weeks, on the other hand, it's
already been three weeks! It's HARD being patient, and
no fun.

So I figured, it can't hurt to network with my buddies
in the Groop, and just throw it out there that if
anyone knows of any opportunities for a
copywriter/proofreader/editor/burgerflipper/whatever,
I wouldn't ignore a friendly email.

I'm willing to relocate for the right job, although I
would prefer not to if I can help it. Thanks! (and
sincere apologies to those who JUST want to hear about
the latest Groo news...)

=====