[Fwd: [Groop]OT Amina Lawal]

Azamin azamin7@pd.jaring.my
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:02:24 +0800

> I believe every protest or act of conscience is positive as long as it is carried out in a pacific way. We don't need to risk our lives, as a little act of protest can indeed change things, and this is the way I used the word activism. Not just voting and talking, but doing what our conscience dictate us, even if it's just once. We can't address all the problems in the world, and that's why sometimes it's easier (and more effective) focusing to just one subject (however small) and then switching to the next.

But somehow.. thing that is related to religious especially religious laws is a sensitive one.. It's OK to critisized/protest the secular law.. but when it comes to the religious law.. it has the religious sensitivity.. and people might react to it.  But critising on how it was implemented or conducted is acceptable and I belief it applies to all religions... be it Islam, Christian, jewish, Hindu, buddha etc... Thus we should take great care/coution when dealing with it so that there is understanding and harmony
among religions in this world..   http://www.emedia.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/Frontpage/20021029074350/Article/

> And I still believe this thread has to do with Groo. We don't just laugh with Groo and admire the authors' art and talent. Everyone of us have learnt lessons from Groo, as we always learn something when we read any comic, or book, or paper, or email, in gretaer or lesser extent. I have learnt a lot from all grooper's answers on this subject and I am glad how we have showed respect to everyone's opinion relating to such a delicate matter.
> And now, back to Groo!

yes.. remember the "wager of the god"...?  it teach us to be tolerance and understanding between religions and thus contribute to peace...