[Groop]A multitude of replies or suggestions and topics to ma ke thissubject line too long

Grossmann, Gary GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Thu Apr 17 08:56:20 PDT 2003

Gene,

I forgot to look at my Death of Groo last night.  But the #51 could very
well be the number Marvel gave to the book.  I think they numbered their
graphic novels.

Oh, and there was never a series of Groo stickers.  Chet's being silly. (Yay
for Chet!)  But there have been 2 stickers.  There is the CBLDF sticker that
has the "Groo and the Thought Patrol" art and then there was a "Did I Err?"
sticker from around 1994 that was never for sale, but which Sergio would
give out or send to folks.

-----Original Message-----
From: EUGENE PHILLIP [mailto:ephillip at worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 6:14 AM
To: GROOP
Subject: Fw: [Groop]A multitude of replies or suggestions and topics to
make thissubject line too long

Chet and Gary,
  Thanks for your responses.  I don't remember ever buying GROO stickers,
but now I'll have to sort through my collection.
  I thought Gary may have it right, because I do have Death of Groo.  It's
the #51 that has me confused.  Did I miss 50 other items, whatever they are?
  Anyway, I'll have to take some time from my Spring chores and get that
sticker back where it belongs.  Thanks for giving me some targets.
  I know what "jeep" means!  It's a derivative of GP which stood for General
Purpose vehicle, which were funny, square, olive drab colored cars during
WWII and after.  The forerunner to the HMMWV.
  Coincidentally, "Jeep" is also part of my namesake.  E.C. Segar
(1894-1938) created a comic creature with extraordinary powers called
"Eugene the Jeep".  When I was named, "Eugene" was as popular as "Britney",
"Jennifer", or "Condolleezza" are today.
Gene the Hummer