[Groop] Groo Postcards-Oops!

Grossmann, Gary GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Tue Aug 19 19:28:01 PDT 2003

Ack!  I pushed a wrong button of something.

Anywho, that last part was fact.  Here's the theory part.  I think Steve
Schanes sold out the original "postcards," and has since made a bunch of
photocopies from some sheet template he still has.  Or something like that.
I have no explanation for the stupid colors or the slightly smaller size.
But keep in mind the the "originals" aren't really all that special either,
other than that they were produced as a promo for Pacific Groos.  .

-Gary G.

PS  I watched Crusader Rabbit every Saturday morning in New Jersey in the
late 50's & early 60's, by which time I know it was all repeats.  They were
the first cartoon on Saturdays, right after the Farm Report.  It was, I
think, the first effort of Jay Ward & Bill Scott.  Note the similarities in
the heroes between Rocky & Bullwinkle.  Mark could probably write several
pages off the top of his head about the show, but as with most things, a
google search will lead you to much info and as with most things cartoon,
there is probably cool info at cartoonresearch.com.