[Groop]Groop Membership Cards

Larry Steller mrgrooism@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:45:55 -0800 (PST)

--- Gary Grossmann <grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:
> OK, Larry.  This was your idea.  Take charge!!!!
>
> -Gary G.

Nope, not MY idea originally, the idea was Kaytee's, I
just continued the thought, as did many others.

Okay, let's have a few more ideas thrown out there,
I'll pull together a master list of what we're
proposing over the weekend, and probably send it out
Monday night.

We'll vote on our favorites, and after all is settled,
we'll check with Mark and Sergio and make sure our
final proposal meets with their approval. Then we'll
see about actually getting them made.

Nick Smith offered to make them up, so I will contact
him separately in a few days and work out the nitty
gritty.

I'd say at the outset it's probable we'll have no
problem getting their approval for a membership card,
but I won't even solicit an opinion until we agree on
what we want! As Gary said, we probably won't get
approval to do anything with an actual Groo likeness
on it, but you never know.

Whatever we do, though, cannot be a profit-making
venture. We'd figure out the costs involved, including
postage, and then charge exactly that. Of course,
we'll figure into the cost a small stack of free cards
for Sergio, Mark, Stan, Tom and Gordon to give out. If
we go with an option where we have both names and
numbers printed on them, we'd obviously have to find
out from them who besides themselves would get a card.

More random ideas for copy on the card:

FRIEND OF GROO - BEWARE!
OFFICIAL CHEESEDIP TASTER!

Now that I think of it, I've revised* my original
suggestion as follows:

(Medium) I'm a member in good standing of
(Large) The Groop
(Medium) DID I ERR?
(Small) (your name here, number *GR00-2003-0001)
*(Small) (Groo catchphrase here, up to 30 characters)

Sergio, Mark, Stan, Tom and Gordon would get numbers
*GR00-2003-0001 through 05, Josh would get 06 (since
he isOur Founder) Ruben would get 07 (Since he's The
First Groopie to signup, is that right?) and Gary
would get08 (since he's been publicly acknowledged by
The Groo Crew - even in print - as the Number One Groo
Fan). Number 09 would go to whoever takes charge and
actually makes up the cards, and after that it's first
come, first serve.

*We'd all get cards starting with the year we signed
up for the Groop, except for The Groo Crew who would
get the year they first started working on Groo. So
Sergio's would be something like 1979, or when ever
his first doodle saw print, Mark, Stan & Gordon would
go with Destroyer Duck/Starslayer, and Tom would go
with his first issue of Pacific.

Anyway, the flip side could just be a large
www.groo.com., followed by the definition of mulch.

Let's hear more ideas bewtween now and Monday Night!

=====