[Groop] Groo mention in Wizard...

CrazySketchbook at aol.com CrazySketchbook at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 19:28:35 PDT 2003

If anyone picks up Wizard No.142 (dated July 2003) Groo is mentioned.  On the
very last page, in "The Hot Seat" column, there is an interview with WWE
wrestler Rob Van Dam (I don't follow wrestling... and I didn't follow why they
were interviewing this guy until it said he was writing an upcoming comic).  In
the interview, the following exchange occurs:

Wizard: What comic book movie should you play the lead in?

Rob: "Ghost Rider." Not saying I'm a better actor than Nicolas Cage, but I'd
kick his ass, too.

Wizard: I was thinking Groo. (arrow points to picture of Groo)

Rob: Send me the script, I'll check it out.

---

Tyler Sticka, cartoonist at large.

Visit <A HREF="http://tylersticka.tripod.com">TYLERSTICKA.TRIPOD.COM</A> for free art and cartoons!