[Groop] Groo mention in Wizard...

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Thu Jul 10 20:25:13 PDT 2003

Thanks Tyler!

I'll check it out!  -Gary G.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: CrazySketchbook at aol.com
  To: groop at groo.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 3:28 PM
  Subject: [Groop] Groo mention in Wizard...

  If anyone picks up Wizard No.142 (dated July 2003) Groo is mentioned.  On the very last page, in "The Hot Seat" column, there is an interview with WWE wrestler Rob Van Dam (I don't follow wrestling... and I didn't follow why they were interviewing this guy until it said he was writing an upcoming comic).  In the interview, the following exchange occurs:

  Wizard: What comic book movie should you play the lead in?

  Rob: "Ghost Rider." Not saying I'm a better actor than Nicolas Cage, but I'd kick his ass, too.

  Wizard: I was thinking Groo. (arrow points to picture of Groo)

  Rob: Send me the script, I'll check it out.

  ---

  Tyler Sticka, cartoonist at large.

  Visit TYLERSTICKA.TRIPOD.COM for free art and cartoons!