[Groop]The Groo card sets...

Josh 'Wet Exit' Jones josh at newdream.net
Mon Mar 10 06:14:13 PST 2003

> ME: You haven't missed it.  Josh (!) should have an announcement here
> any day now.

Any day now has arrived!

My apologies for the slight delay.. UPS first tried to deliver the cards
on Wednesday, but I was in Miami until Friday. I got them Friday and then
spent the weekend revamping http://www.cardjones.com/ so it'd be ready for
a Monday morning (now) launch!

So here's the dilly-o! If any of you remember back in November I launched
CardJones.com as a sort of stock market for non-sports trading cards. The
idea back then was that people would mail their cards to me, and I'd
handle all the shipping and delivery. Well, that idea has changed! As of
today, the site has been re-launched as an Ebay/Amazon Z-shops style
marketplace that helps people buy and sell (trade) cards directly to each
other!

I've also added the complete database of these series:

  Magic The Gathering
  Yu-Gi-Oh!
  Pokemon
  Harry Potter
  Lord of the Rings
  and of course, The Groo Trading Cards!

I'm adding more all the time, and if you don't see your favorite here,
please suggest it right from the link on the main page at
http://www.cardjones.com/

To sell cards through the site, you just find the cards you want to sell
and click the "Sell Yours Now" button. Then when somebody buys it, you'll
get an email with their address and order. You ship it to them and you get
paid out from us (via PayPal) twice a month. The buyer then rates you a la
Ebay/Amazon so you can build a seller reputation!

Buying cards at the site is pretty much like Amazon.. you've got a
shopping cart, you check out, you pay securely with a credit card (again,
via PayPal). The cool thing is you can buy from multiple sellers (of
course, right now there's just me) all at once in one simple transaction!

Please check it out and if you've got any extra trading cards from any of
the sets you've been meaning to get rid of, it'd be great if you listed
them. I think this thing has the potential to be a really useful service
for completing sets and getting rid of duplicates, but it's got to build a
critical mass to work.

Okay, thanks for reading all that.. now here's the part you're probably
most interested in.. the complete Groo trading card sets! :)

Mark has been so kind as to send me 20 (TWENTY!) complete sets of Groo
cards (that's 3060 cards!). I've listed them for sale at the site..  the
price is $50.00 per set (cheap!), shipping is $5.03 (plus $1.53 per extra
set if you buy more than one). These complete sets are special too because
the Groo card (GROO-001) and Sergio card (GROO-019) are signed by Sergio
and the Mark card (GROO-020) is signed by Mark. This is a special deal for
Groop subscribers.. once these 20 sets are gone, Mark will probably have
about 10 more that will be priced at $60 a set.

The URL to buy the set:

http://www.cardjones.com/card.php?card=GROO-SET

Although the site doesn't technically support International users yet, for
this special Groo Set deal I'll allow it, and for the same shipping cost
($5.03) people in the U.S. get!

So get there, and please let me know if you have any problems, questions,
or suggestions! And tell your friends!

Thanks a bunch,
Josh!