[Groop] Re: "Hi" Virus

Scott scott at knyght.net
Tue Jan 20 16:10:06 PST 2004

Tuesday, January 20, 2004, 4:41:09 AM, you wrote:

> Secondly, it is possible to remove Outlook from your system but it takes a
> bit of techy work. You have to remove it using the setup tool, delete
> appropriate directories and remove registry entries. Then never use
> automatic Windows Updates because it will just be installed again 2 days
> later. I've manged to keep it off my system since I got XP but it's
> probably more effort that it's worth.

I have outlook express on my system, went in and filled in all fake information,
like the mail server is mail.spam.com, my email address is spam at spam.com so that
if something was to try to exploit outlook on my system, it would not go very
far.

I do like the idea of putting fake addresses in the email address book as well
to help raise flags that there is a virus... if you start to get odd bounce
messages, then you know something is not right.

Scott p.s. - Nationwide no call list for telemarketing with millions on it, so I
can't be alone...