[Groop] Re: Groop Sharing Groo PDFs

Rick Loomis rick at flyingbuffalo.com
Wed Jan 28 17:04:49 PST 2004

At 05:11 PM 1/28/04, you wrote:

>Subject: [Groop] Groo... What pirates? (File Sharing)
>To: "'Groop'" <groop at groo.com>
>

>I was on the emule/edonkey network and for the heck of it decided to look up
>"Groo". There were several groo comics being shared in PDF format.
>
>I don't know what the Groop's views are on file sharing and was just curious
>what you all thought.

Umm...if you "share" a pdf of a comic, aren't you making a copy of that
comic, and thus violating Sergio's copyright? If you buy or sell a used
comic, presumably Sergio got his royalty or whatever on it originally, but
if you "share" a copy of a pdf you are in effect creating a new copy. This
is not something I think a Grooper should be doing. Rick

Flying Buffalo Inc  www.flyingbuffalo.com
PO Box 1467, Scottsdale, AZ 85252
480-945-6917 fax 480-994-1170