[Groop] Groo... What pirates? (File Sharing)

Groopunk at aol.com Groopunk at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 05:33:07 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/29/2004 8:23:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Chris.Emmett at uk.standardchartered.com writes:

> I stopped using file-sharing altogether once I realised that I was only
> stealing the songs and wasn't then buying the CDs. Most of my friends who do it,
> never buy the CDs or DVDs or Books that they are pirating. Their most common
> excuse is that they weren't going to buy it anyway so nobody is going to
> lose money.

So by taking away file-sharing, you're(they're) actually going to STOP me
from buying as much as I have been in the past 5 years.  I've been buying artists
that I would have NEVER discovered.  Being an artist, I prefer and enjoy to
own the actual package presented by the artist - whether that's the actual
movie produced, the actual book written and drawn or the actual album.  I like
getting the album artwork with liner notes and I like having the list of songs
presented as a whole and in the order the artist desired.

-seth-