[Groop] Groo... What pirates? (File Sharing)

Alexandre Hannud Abdo solstag at uol.com.br
Thu Jan 29 07:26:43 PST 2004

Ni!

 Hello Chris,

 One last thing, which is very important to consider, is that if I steal a 747, Boeing can no longer profit from selling it to other people, because they no longer posses it.

 Now if I copy a file, the author can still profit from it, and for example if someone is sincere when saying that "I was not going to buy it anyways", then he is actually helping the author, because the people who will buy it but don't know about it have a higher chance of getting in touch with it by means of him, with no harm to the author.

 This is just to point out that this discussion has nothing to do with Boeings, Tools, Cars, and that is the key to understading it.
 It's hard because we're so used to hardware, and it's totally different with software.

 Now if people are sincere when saying they ain't buyin' it anyways, that's another problem. What I see from my experience is that when it comes to GOOD stuff, like Groo stuff, people are sincere, and therefore we have that positive effect. And when it comes to bad, crappy, mass-media stuff, then they usually ain't sincere, which is good after all, cause people are saving money to buy BETTER stuff.

 But that's my experience anyways, it does not have to be the truth, altough I try to collect as much information as I can.

 Hugs 4 all!

Alexandre

--

--