[Groop] (File Sharing)

Bodhikt at aol.com Bodhikt at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 12:58:12 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/29/2004 7:58:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Groopunk at aol.com writes:
Yes, but they are still in rough financial waters.  The increased volume has
only further taxed their already tight finances.

(Re: USPS, UPS, etc)
This is a "management problem", not a "we're losing business" problem. They
need to figure out how to adjust to the change in TYPE of business they're
getting. And... USPS, etc., seems to have no qualms about using the internet--
some of those special priority boxes are available only if you order them online;
the local post offices can't have them "in stock", nor order them, even with
customer requests.
Last CC, I tried to get some of the large poster mailers to take to the con,
in which to stuff those free posters and such... ended up BUYING the
non-priority mailer ones at $4 each-- then $12 to mail them Priority at con's end (not
much diff in price between Priority and PP to send stuff to nephews in HI).
You can also order stamps, and various print out postage/insurance/delivery
confirmation from the website, arrange for home delivery of these items and/or
home pick-up-- and pay on-line, too. Must be trying to get rid of local
offices, huh? Going to put the clerks in unemployment lines....

Kaytee
http://www.eclecticbeadery.com/simplexities.html