[Groop] Re: Groop Digest, Vol 17, Issue 28

Rick Loomis rick at flyingbuffalo.com
Wed Jul 28 07:30:27 PDT 2004

At 03:27 AM 7/28/04, you wrote:
>Glad you asked that.
>
>Yes.  There were two Groo things.  Sort of.
>
>Dark Horse was giving away tiny little decks of playing cards. 2 inches x
>1.5 inches. Very nice quality.  The back of the cards are the Dark Horse
>Log.  The 54 cards (two jokers) are each a different Dark Horse comic
>character.  Groo is the King of Diamonds.  Usagi is the 4 of Clubs.  I
>didn't know how many to get.  But my friends at Dark Horse said not to
>worry.  Just let them know how many I need and they will send them to me.
>So I am now officially taking orders for the cards.  I'll send a scan.
>Probably tomorrow.

Ohh, ohh.  In addition to being a Groo fan, I collect decks of playing
cards! I have to have this!

>The other Groo item is the Disabled Services Booklet.  Sergio did the
>cover. It's Groo chasing a guy in a wheelchair.

If you can get them, might as well send me one of these too.

Regarding selling things on Ebay -- there are 50 million people on ebay. I
am constantly amazed at what you will find. I have a book that for the
longest time was available on my webpage for $10. I put a copy up on ebay
with a starting bid of 99 cents, with a LINK to my webpage where you could
see that it can be purchased directly from me for $10. And STILL someone
bid $33 for it!  (Or actually, two people bid that much since it goes for
your minimum bid if no one bids against you). (I had multiple copies of
course).

As for "fans" taking a freebie and then selling it on ebay: not everyone
who can't come to the show is part of a group like this with helpful
fellows like Gary.  If Gary hadn't offered, I'd be happy to pay someone who
picked up two copies of that card deck for his "trouble". They are
providing a service. That's what capitalism is all about! (grin). Try not
to judge them too harshly. Perhaps they got home and realized they spent
too much on the con and desperately need to get some money to pay the
mortgage next week!
Rick

Flying Buffalo Inc  www.flyingbuffalo.com
PO Box 1467, Scottsdale, AZ 85252