[Groop] Re: Question for ME on DVD etc format

Greg Craill grooless at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 15:23:23 PDT 2004

Of course I speak for myself and not the wider online community.

I grant that Nate has a point on the online/disk versions being viable, but I was more saying they were not (IMHO) the preferable option. I would far more read a comic page by page than click by click, it's tactile, portable and can be read in comfortable places like hammocks.

The next generation will make their own decisions, but I hope I never see my local comic shop close it's main street premises to morph into a home based online mailout CD/DVD enterprise !

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I say !

Mind you how would people rate animated games on computers/consoles as cartoon artforms.
They have cartoon graphics and sound effects, they have story lines, the difference being that the player/reader can alter the course of the plot by controlling some of the characters and influencing the final story.

How different to the old Steve Jackson fighting fantasy books ? And how removed from actual comics, they could be construed as an interactive comic.

MARK - Do you ever see this type of "interactive comic" being a viable artform ?

(More of a story with possible plot directions based on limited "reader" input, than as a game where every action is controlled, and possibly using mainstream characters from the marvel or DC universe ?)

GC