[Groop] OT: Television

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 22:40:46 PST 2004

--- J Brooks <jabrooks at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thought Id start a new thread.
>
> What television shows are everyone watching?

I've never watched a REALITY SHOW on purpose, meaning the only times
I've ever seen one is when visiting friends & family's and I happen to
be watching whatever they want.

Such was the case when I caught that new REBEL BILLIONAIRE show, if
that's the show's actual name, about that daredevil billionaire who
owns the Virgin family of businesses. (Virgin family? Isn't that
birthday coming up in a couple of months?)

I was impressed by the first challenge. The Billionaire disguised
himself as a humble London cabbie and picked up all of the contestents
at the airport himself, then engaged them in idle chitchat for the
ride. Based on how they treated a humble cabbie, two contestents were
eliminated before they even knew they were competing (although I'm sure
the lawyers had that covered in their contracts, heh heh).

Brilliant!

I enjoyed the show, but don't really watch much TV nowaddays with my
insane work schedule (and no TIVO!!!) so I doubt I'll ever get to watch
it again. It was worth a look, though.

=====
-Larry "Mr. Grooism" Steller, Mendicant Second Class

"The People have spoken... the bastards!!!" -Mark Twain
"What luck it is for government that people don't think." -Adolph Hitler
"We live in a Culture of Nastiness." -Larry "Mr. Grooism" Steller

Favorite Links:
NEWS FROM ME: http://www.newsfromme.com/
POVONLINE: http://www.povonline.com/ ;
FORGOTTEN NEW YORK: http://www.forgotten-ny.com/