[Groop] Groo Miniatures

Grossmann, Gary GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Tue Oct 19 15:38:38 PDT 2004

Hi Folks!

Oh, Scott, you poor soul.  Timing is everything.  The miniatures originally
came out in 1986.  Then a few years back the guy who had originally sold
them found a stash and was selling them at reasonable prices.  Then he
discovered ebay and that was the end of that.  (I can hear you cursing in
the background: "Dognuts! Dognuts! Dognuts!"  Maybe even a "Soy Dognuts!"
Close your ears Eric.)

Anywho, these are little tiny guys.  Here's a list of different sets:

#701    Groo standing, Chakaal, Sage & Mulch, Minstrel

#702    Groo charging, Arcadio, Witch of Kaan, Taranto

#703    Boy Groo, Grativo, Grooella, Sergio

#704    Warriors & Wenches (4)

#705    Groo Dragon, multiple pieces

The dragon is the dragon from the Epic Groo #2 cover.  I put one together
years ago and I agree with everything everyone said.  (Thanks for the great
advice, Greg!)   I have mulitples of some sets thanks to Kevin who just
recently gave me some for a B-day present.  Also, one of my luckiest "finds"
in all my Groo collecting was about 8 years ago when I ran across 6 sets of
Warriors & Wenches selling for $2.00 a piece.  So I have a mini army for
Groo to slay!

I was hoping to get mine painted but I'm afraid my fine motor coordination
is not up to the task. (These guys are tiny! 20-25mm(?))  I can't wait to
see the work of other Groopies more talented than myself in that area (That
would be just about everyone.)

By the way, as I recall, Sergio has a couple of completely painted sets that
folks sent to him years ago.

Take care all -Gary G.

PS For the benefit of those who have been with the Groop for less than 5
years, "Dognuts" is an old Groopie joke stemming from a typo, so all goofy
typos will engender a Dognut reference.  Ah, those were the days...