[Groop] ME - Conan/Groo/12 issue run? What pirates?

Mark Evanier evanier at evanier.com
Sat Apr 16 11:06:44 PDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:42:20 +0100, "Ralph Plowman"
<were.ralph at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>There is quite a bit of interest in Groo over on the Mongoose Publishing
>forum at the moment. (The publishers of the Conan RPG).
>Can I clarify please, whether the forthcoming 12 issue run of Groo is
>separate from the Groo/Conan mini-series, or if the crossover is part of
>that run.

ME: The Groo-Conan project will probably be a 4-issue mini-series.
Sergio and I were neglecting it while we worked on other projects but
we're now back in discussions with Dark Horse about it.  No, I have no
idea when it will be out.  I really have no idea when anything will be
out.

We have a few more details to work out on the Groo-Conan series.  If
it looks like it's not going to happen soon, we'll probably move on to
a new 4-issue mini-series.  I think the 12-issue series is probably on
hold indefinitely.

What's happened the last year or so is that Sergio and I have gotten
busy with a number of other projects and every time one of us is ready
to start on the next Groo project, the other is swamped with deadlines
and we say, "Okay, let's put Groo off for a few weeks."

Lately, we've both been busy with the Groo movie script, too.  The
production company has made a deal with a director but we haven't
finished the script yet and we have to do that in the next few weeks
to keep the project on track.

Sorry if it all seems confusing.  It is to us, too.