[Groop] new batman movie

GARY GROSSMANN grossfamm at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 20:23:35 PDT 2005

Hi Folks!

Back from a little vacation (during which I saw Batman-I thought it was
pretty darn good-finally, FINALLY a non-campy Batman.)

Although there will always be tales to tell, I thought where Groo got his
skills had been pretty well established in The Life of Groo and The Swords
of Groo (Eclipse Special)

Groo was dangerous with a blade literally from the moment he was born,
attacking the delivery doctor with an unfortunately placed scapel.  Although
not stated in the story, I always thought it was an unintended
result/compensation of the spell that made him dumber than a post.  As
"good" as he was from the get go, his skills were finely honed by King
Saskima's retainers so folks would think Groo look-a-like Saskima was a
great battle leader.

The Life of Groo is one of my favorites!

Take care all -Gary G.