[Groop] Big Apple Comic Con

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 07:20:14 PST 2005

How many of us are planning to attend the Big Apple Comic Con this
coming weekend? Sergio will be there (right Mark, no change?) so it'll
be good to see the maestro again, as always.

I'll be there decked out in Groop orange on Sunday only, due to work
obligations all day Friday & Saturday.  See ya there?

In OT news, after weeks of catching up on news postings and production
diaries at www.kongisking.net, I've started casually haunting the
messages boards there. I wandered into their chat room last night and
the two folks there were both Groo fans (even my OT posts lead back to
Groo somehow, hee hee). One even went right to the legendary Groo
Chatless Chatroom to experience the wonders of echo!

If you're at all interested in Peter Jackson's retelling of  King Kong,
in theaters this December, check out the site's production diaries
(Quicktime & non-dialup a must)  by the same dudes who did the LOTR DVD
extras; they're sort of like DVD extras before the film is even out!
Fascinating stuff!!!

Without going into spoilers, this is the film Jackson has been waiting
to make all his life, and the passion he's pouring into it dwarfs
LOTR!!! It's a 1933 period piece, toned down a bit in some of the
racial portrayal's (Charlie the Chinese Cook's ranting "aww hann on
deck everybody on deck everybody on deck" and "clazy black man been
here" replaced by Andy Sirkus playing Lumpy the cook), but amped up in
extended Skull Island dinosaur scenes. He's built a HUGE 1933 NYC
backlot in New Zealand, and, well, just check it out!!!

-Larry "Mr. Grooism" Steller, Mendicant Second Class

Favorite Links:
NEWS FROM ME: http://www.newsfromme.com/
POVONLINE: http://www.povonline.com/ ;
FORGOTTEN NEW YORK: http://www.forgotten-ny.com/