[Groop] Strange eBay Items

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sun Dec 10 08:45:37 PST 2006

            Last night I read Mark's blog and saw the first entry he
wrote about the drawings. I do not know if I stepped out of bounds, but
I wrote to all the bidders as well as the seller to explain the art was
traced. You guys probably know I work as a bike messenger, but I
actually have a degree in computer graphics and do occasional freelance
design work, so I really hate it when people try to make a buck off of
someone else's misrepresented artwork.
            The seller responded to me, though apparently around the
same time Mark must have written the seller too, so I did not see the
seller's updated listing or Mark's second "Round Two" entry to his blog.
Basically the seller just copy and pasted what he replied to Mark with.
For a little while I actually thought the seller believed I was Mark due
to the seller's bad English writing skills. Soon enough after reading
both updated auction listings and Mark's newer blog posting I realized
what was up though. I just ended up wasting a good chunk of time writing
out a lengthy e-mail to the Groop and Mark, then making more and more of
my own updated corrections to it as various pieces of the puzzle were
being revealed to me. :-)

            Anyway, this is my final entry on the subject as of Sunday
morning. This e-mail to the Groop may seem ultimately pointless, but
mainly I wanted to say to Mark, I realize I may have taken a bit too
much liberty in pursuing this issue on my own, so I hope you can forgive
me for jumping the gun about this guy's misrepresented artwork by
writing him and the bidders. At the time you had not posted your "Round
Two" entry to your blog nor had the seller updated his auctions with the
PROPER added information.

.your faithful watchdog (though NOT Rufferto),
_TONE_