[Groop] Question re: Groo Marvel #89: Broken Itakoshiate

Vaughn (Home) vaughn at sewardconsulting.com
Tue Feb 7 06:53:23 PST 2006

Greetings,

As you may recall, I have been slowly reading the old Groos for the first time. I have just about finished reading Marvel #89. In this issue Chakaal is back and Groo gets involved in a cult. On the front cover, hanging on the word "GROO", between the letters "R" and "O", is Groo's blue buckle. I believe it is called an "itakoshiate" (Gary Grossman once said it is "/a sword holder made for two swords/ /and fastened to the belt."/ Ruben added that, "the itakoshiate was used to keep the ropes together and adjust their positions as needed.")

My question is does anyone know why the lower left-hand rope is unattached to the itakoshiate? On other Groo issues I looked at all the ropes are firmly attached. In this issue, the unattached rope even has two little "swing marks" as if it had just come unattached.

My apologies if this has already been discussed by the Groop.

~Vaughn Seward