[Groop] Top Posters of 2005 (late again)

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sun Mar 5 08:38:23 PST 2006

Janet,
	Yes, she is a gem. For the past holidays she also got me all
three of the Groo button/pins I was missing from my collection too. She
was even one of the first people I actually played the Groo game with!
Good thing she likes cheese dip.

	By the way, speaking of the pins/buttons, I am sure you guys
might be able to clarify something I am not totally clear on. I know
there are six Groo pins out there, but I have heard suggestions of a
special Sergio give-away button. Is that the 20th Anniversary button,
which from my understanding was given out at a convention? If that is
the case, then I got that too. :)
	Another thing I am also not completely certain about is the
hardcover "Death & Life of Groo" book available through Graphitti. The
image on their site depicts what might appear to be two separate books,
but there is no option to select either book (or both). My guess is the
front and back covers shown are flipped/opposed to each other on the
same book to seem like it can be read either way. Is this correct?
	...and no, obviously I have not gotten it yet, but mainly
because I have a great girlfriend, who might potentially get it for me
anyway. :) I have to be able to let her feel like she can get me
something for holidays and birthdays, because I am a hard guy to shop
for otherwise. In time let's just see if she actually gets me the
cold-cast statue. What proves you love someone more than Groo wading
through bubbling brown goo? Has there ever been a verdict on what that
stuff is, chocolate perhaps? I remember hearing rumors of fake statues
with Groo wading through cheese dip rather than brown goo, which also
prompted me not to put down that much money until I knew for sure.

John,
	"Maylisian Groos"? Did you mean Malaysian? If so I had not
realized Groo was published in other languages in other countries. I
knew it was distributed in Canada and Britain due to the letter pages,
but what other countries was Groo distributed in? I did notice on a
recent post someone mentioning something related to being Portuguese,
which raised my attention because I happen to have dual citizenship with
the US and Portugal.
	What is this you speak of about mouse pads and mini-comics? I
had heard of the membership card, and would be honored to be a
card-carrying Groopie. Are the other things self-produced, as in not
official? I have already seen the screen-saver and heard the short song.
Are those sort of things cool with Mark and Sergio?
	By the way does the list Gary is compiling have on it only
everything Groo related from HIS OWN collection or is it a general
listing of everything produced with Groo in it?

_TONE_