[Groop] Tone's E-mails-Part 3

Gary Grossmann grossfamm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 16:05:11 PST 2006

Hi Tone!

Groo has been reprinted in 15 countries in 12 different languages, a lot of
it in the 1980's and early 90's, but Spain and Brazil are still producing
them occasionally and Greece just came out with a really cool book.  The
Spanish reprints usually have an original cover.  They are very nice.  The
latest from Brazil is very nice as well.  There are a total of 226
international Groo publications plus it was serialized in the Sunday edition
of an English language Malaysian newspaper for about 4 years.

The mouse pads were a special Groop Project done by some very talented
Groopies with permission from Sergio & Mark.  One was put up on ebay a
little while ago, but we tracked down the former Groopie who did that and
ate him.

The mini-comic is just one of the hundreds of little Groo appearances in
other comics. (yes, I said "hundreds") .

People making there own screen savers and distributing them to friends is
fine with Mark and Sergio.  It's when someone makes and sells stuff that
they cross the line, in which we might nuke'em.

Now I have a question for you:  What song are you talking about?  There was
a Brazillian rock band that recorded a song entitled "Groo the Wanderer."
Are you refering to that or something else?

OK, I think that's about it.  The towel, Sketch card, and dognuts (and
Glorko from the planet Zoltron) are stories in themselves and I think they
would be better told by Larry of someone else.  I've gotta get back to
working on my Groo inventory and The List or it WILL be September before
it's ready.

Take care all -Gary Grossmann

PS  See, it WAS a can of Mulch!!!