[Groop] downloading e-groo

Bodhikt at aol.com Bodhikt at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 06:09:47 PDT 2007

RE: on-line comics.... From a reader's perspective, they're not as nice as
the traditional paper or trade paperback type because you can't curl up in a
chair with them or lay down on the floor/bed with them... even a laptop doesn't
work right for this. And, unless you have magnifying vision, it would be just
about impossible to read a comic on a small, curl-up-withable hand-held devise
like a PDA or "Gameboy"/PSP (at least, not a full page at a time. Even
Sergio's "without words" comics would not have their full impact at that size.)

They are a good way to have "pristine" pages, I suppose-- it's pretty easy to
clean a computer screen,  as compared to paper... and replacing a keyboard if
you spill something on it is usually easier and cheaper than replacing a
"classic" out of print comic book.

Girl Genius (_http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/_
(http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/) ) is an on-line and trade paperback type comic/graphic novel I do
follow. I read books 1-5 on the computer while waiting for the print ones to arrive
from various sellers.... It was much nicer to re-read them in the print
version, not only because holding them while curling up in a chair is easier, but
also because you don't have to wait that eternal 30s or so for the next page to
load. Currently, book 6 is only available on-line... but I will be ordering
the "real" one as soon as it is available.

Maybe Sergio could put "teaser" pages of new comics up.... Not that loyal
Groop-ers/-ies need such, but it would doubtlessly hook new readers.....

Kaytee
Proudly marching to a different kettle of fish