[Groop] downloading e-groo

RoyalSlik at aol.com RoyalSlik at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 08:44:53 PDT 2007

Once a product becomes available to all for free, the value of the product
goes down considerably.

People may think, why should I buy Sergio's new comic book for cover price,
if I can download a bunch of old comics of his (worth (slightly) more) for
free.

I believe it goes further than this, but that is one example of why it might
not be in Sergio's best interest.

And yes, reprinting rights would be devalued as well.

Maybe this has been discussed already, but if Sergio owns the reprinting
rights to the comics, he could one day create a payed system for downloading his
works, if he wanted them to be distributed in such fashion.

Finally, these are sergios creative works of art and he has the right to
decide when and what form they are generally distributed based on whatever
criteria he deems suitable to his taste or artistic or financial viewpoint.

Anil