[Groop] Hi back from the Baltimore comic con.

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Mon Sep 10 12:09:19 PDT 2007

            Ok folks, I am and have been back home from the Baltimore
Comic Con as of 10:55pm on Saturday. I apologize for not writing to the
Groop about the Baltimore Con sooner, but I needed some time to
recuperate. For those of you, who are new to the Groop or have not been
keeping up with things. I actually biked to the Baltimore Comic Con from
my home in York, Pennsylvania. Round trip it was 116 miles with 82 miles
of it on a converted Rail-Trail path.
            I will try to recount as much as I can about the trip and
the convention, so hopefully I will sooth some of Yodazone's need for
updates and perhaps fill in some of the details from Dominick and Neil.
Although I have to admit I did not take notes at Sergio's panel, and I
only collect Groo, so I do not recall much about other comic titles he
mentioned. I also was not aware of any DC comics Panel Sergio might have
been in, but I did not attend the convention on Sunday either. I do have
photos however! Hopefully that will alleviate Yodazone's need for a fix.
:-)

            First off, I am glad to see Dominick writing into the Groop.
            Before going to the Con I was under the impression only one
or two other Groopies were going to be going as well, but they would be
attending on Sunday. I thought I would be the only Groopie at the Con on
Saturday, but fortunately Dominick introduced himself to me after the
panel, then Eric came up to the two of us as well and we were able to
all hang out for a few minutes before having to part ways. Dominick had
mentioned he was having problems with sending e-mails to the Groop, but
I am glad to see he has been able to write in.
            Dominick was even nice enough to offer me a ride home since
he lives in a city close by to me in PA, but I was already prepared to
cycle back. I still certainly appreciate his offer! Perhaps next time
Sergio is in the area we can go together. :-) Riding to the convention
in Baltimore and back was quite an experience, but I do not think I
would do it again.

            I would also like to welcome Neil to the Groop. I would
imagine I was the one you might have met in Baltimore, considering I was
wearing the Groo 20th anniversary T-shirt, my orange AND Silver Groop
membership cards prominently displayed around my neck, and an
autographed 25th anniversary Groo hat. I really did not exchange names
with anyone I spoke to at the convention except Eric and Dominick, so I
regret not speaking to you further. I spoke to a number of obviously
serious Groo fans in Baltimore, so I am not sure who you might have
been. It was also the first time I ever met Sergio and the largest comic
convention I have been too, so I was fairly scatter-brained. Regardless
it is nice to see you in the Groop now.

            For now, that is all I will write about Baltimore in this
e-mail. I will post another e-mail with more details and photo links.
_TONE_