[Groop] Defending DeFuccio's Hiers

Tone at moon-shine.net Tone at moon-shine.net
Thu Aug 28 10:51:23 PDT 2008

It has been a while since I posted anything to the Groop. I have just
barely been lurking because my wife and I finally bought our first
house at the end of July. The house is new to us, but it was built in
the 1930s, so we have been doing lots of work to it, painting, and
gradually moving everything in all through August. We are still in the
process of moving and fixing things up at the house, but I have a few
minutes at work right now to sneak in a message to the Groop.
Regardless, the whole process has been exhausting and over the past
two weeks I have often only gotten 3 or less hours of sleep during the
weekdays, and never getting more than five on weeknights. This is
partially because, on top of everything else going on, my wife had a
minor fall and has to use crutches. That means I have to carry
everything and do all the hard labor. I do not drive, but fortunately
her good leg is the one, which pushes the pedals in the minivan. Also,
she can still paint, which is good since I dislike painting.

Oh, and before anyone mentions it... I have not yet moved my Groo
collection to the house. The bulk of it is still back in my old
bedroom at my mom's apartment back in New York. Therefore I do not
believe Groo's bad luck rubbed off on us. :)

Speaking of Groo collections and getting back on topic, in terms of
having my collection getting inherited when I pass on, I am pretty
sure I know what my wishes would be for it all. First, my wife would
have the option of reading and keeping it all of course. However, even
though she enjoys an occasional Groo read, I can not picture her being
as Groo-centric as I am. Therefore I know I would want her to try to
sell it off to true fans.

The best way I can think of to do this would be for her to get in
touch with Gary and have everything sent to him. Once it is in Gary's
possession I would ask Gary (meaning now because later I would be dead
and that would be really freaky as well as beyond even
Groo-fanaticism) to sell off my collection to who ever he feels would
appreciate it most. The money made would then return to my wife, BUT
in order to compensate Gary for his troubles, Gary would get to keep
at least the Groo sketch card I have, and finally have one of his own
for his collection.
Also, I would want Gary to give the "Felt" soft-sculpture of Groo &
Rufferto, which my wife made, as a gift to Sergio. That is -IF- my
wife would be willing to give it away after she put so much work into
it.

Moral - It would be a shame to see something, which has given someone
great pleasure over the years, become lost or hoarded away after a
person's death if others can go on to enjoy it.

As it is I also want my organs and entire body to be donated for
transplants and science. Anything else, which can not be used by sick
people or science, I would want to be turned into mulch! :)
How is that for recycling and being "Green?"

Actually if it was legal, it would be nice to have my body parts sold
off so my death could at least financially benefit my wife rather than
be more of a burden than it would normally be.
In that line of thinking though, should my wife be expected to get
both my mom and dad's permission to sell my anatomy, or perhaps she
would need to ask my only sister if my parent's have passed away as
well? :)
Just to clarify... I am not trying to be a butt-head in response to
this topic thread. I am just attempting to be morbidly/sarcastically
amusing. Maybe the three hours of sleep last night and only the two
the night before is having a twisted effect on me. :) For any of those
offended, you should definitely not take me serious at all right now.

Take care everyone, I hope to SOMEDAY be able to keep up with the
Groop once again... if my new home ever decides to free me from its
repair jobs. :)
_TONE_