[Groop] Larry coming to Los Angeles

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Wed Aug 19 13:52:06 PDT 2009

Larry, the travel gods are against you.  John Wayne Airport is way
further south and instead of 85 miles, it's 125 miles to Ojai!  Sheesh.
Not that that should dissuade you.  Steve is driving from further away
than that and so are Natalie and Shawn the girl.  It would be cool if
you made it up there.  You could give us all a preliminary report.  (But
don't tell Sergio we are coming)   Hope you can make it.

________________________________

From: groop-bounces at groo.com [mailto:groop-bounces at groo.com] On Behalf
Of Larry Steller
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:35 PM
To: groop at groo.com
Subject: Re: [Groop] Larry coming to Los Angeles

Thanks Dana and Gary!

I knew I wasn't going to make the Groop meet, but OH WOW I just paid for
the airline tickets, arriving at 3:08 pm in Santa Ana (John Wayne
Airport). It would be in excess of a 2 hour ride to get there, and the
event is 5pm-7pm. TRICKY! Mighty tempting, but I think my Mom might be
upset if I dropped her off and split for 3-4 hours.

The reason for the trip is to take care of some of my elderly Aunt's
affairs, so first stop has to be to go see her. She's 96 years old and
frail, but very sound of mind. I don't believe there are immediate
health concerns, but she seems convinced her end is near, so who knows
what the reality is?

We had been discussing a Friday flight, if only I had checked with you
guys earlier today I might have made it. Still, I should be able to
check out the exhibit on Sunday or Monday. We'll see.

-Larry "mrgrooism" Steller, Master Mendicant

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan
Poe

Favorite Links:
YANKEE STADIUM TOURS:
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/stadium_tours.jsp