[Groop] Where were you?

Tony Dodds grundor99 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 19:48:15 PDT 2009

Summer job in 1983 and was on a lunch break.  Went across the parking lot to a used book store that also carried new comics to see if there was a good book that yelled out to me.  Instead on the Comic rack was the new issue of Groo the Wanderer, Pacific #4, By Sergio Aragones.  "Hey!  I know that name!!  That's the guy who doodles in Mad and has some great segments."  This store didn't carry any back issues, but the main store across town did, so guess where I went the next day??  Issues 1, 2 and 3 were soon mine and was looking forward to whatever else may come along.

Been a fan ever since!!