[Groop] Calgary Anyone?

Conor Geoghegan theirishtiger at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 21:26:00 PDT 2009

Yes sir, Gary, I'll be going!

I actually live in Calgary and, frankly, I'm still a bit in shock at
the fact that both Sergio and Mark are coming here, haha. Somebody
pinch me! No wait -- don't!!!

I managed to meet each of them (along with Stan, Tom and you too, Gary)
for a few seconds at the 2007 San Diego Con, and even though the
encounters were brief, they were eye-opening. At the time, I was just
entering art school with aspirations of making comics for a living
myself and so meeting the guys who had created the comic I grew up on
made all those dreams seem...just a little bit more possible, heh heh.
I'm absolutely thrilled that they're coming here.

Incidentally - if any Groopie was thinking of coming to Calgary, but
doesn't have a place to stay, you'd be welcome to stay at my place
during the con (for free, obviously). I live in a house with 4 other
people in their early/mid-20's, so the place is a little cramped and
messy, but if you're okay with it, I'm okay with it, haha. Just send me
an e-mail and we'll figure things out.

Talk to you in a bit!

Conor

(professional Groop lurker)