[Groop] Shadow Star #2

Porter publicporter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 00:56:21 PDT 2009

In case anyone is interested...

There is a full, one-page sketch of Groo by Sergio in Shadow Star #2
(Savage Star Press (aka SSP aka Savage Graphics), Nov 1985). It has a
b&w cover & Groo is on page 24.
It's listed in the Sergiography.

However, there is also an alternate printing of the issue, the so-
called "foreign edition" with a colored cover and published by Slave
Labor Graphics (SLG).  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_Labor_Graphics
As I don't have it to hand at the moment, I can't be certain of it's
publication date but I assume it is right around November-December '85.

So far as I can tell, the interior of both the foreign and domestic
printings are the same, albeit with different publication information,
and Sergio's sketch still shows up on page 24. I think.

For most, I'm sure it minor enough not to bother - it is the same
sketch after all. For the mad completists among us, however, well, I
thought some of my Groopeeps might want to track a copy down for their
collections too.

Now if I myself could only track down that damned Chronicles hardcover
I'd be set...!

Cheers,
  ~ Porter.