[Groop] 2011 Comic Con Registration???

bodhikt at aol.com bodhikt at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 04:41:27 PDT 2010

That really bites! So, the only way now to get into preview night now is to go

to ComicCon the year prior? Not a good way to attract first-time attenders

(read: new comic readers and buyers).

 No.... Actually, a lot of "free passes" to Wed night are passed out. At the last staff meeting before the con, everybody attending got 2 passes to give to friends/family, and various schools, youth groups, etc. can get them (the high school my older son attended got a bunch when he was there... probably still get them). And a lot of non-staff volunteers attend Wed. Originally, Wed night was supposed to be for staff and volunteers only-- so they could get a chance to see the dealers' floor... then it was opened to 4-day attendees to promote sales/displays to attendees who otherwise would have "sat" in programming or gaming rooms for the whole con... now, it's just another day, sort of like Sunday, except it starts late instead of ending early.

Kaytee