[Groop] GROO Odyssey Hard Cover?

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Mon Sep 27 09:31:12 PDT 2010

Hi Folks!

Hard to say about the on demand v. in stock question.  Remember, Follett
will only sell them to a school or library.

I originally thought the different ISBN was significant.  But then I did
some research and found that  anytime a business does anything to a book
on a business-to-business basis, it is supposed to give the book a
different ISBN, which is based on the businesses location and who the
business is in addition to the fact that the book has been altered.

I don't know about W.W. Norton and the UY books, but the bottom line for
me with respect to the Groo trades in hardback, whether by Follett or
Paw Prints, is that they are NOT reprint editions in hardback published
in cooperation with Sergio & Dark Horse.  They are merely soft cover
trades that a couple of companies have purchased and rebound in hardback
(aka "library binding") format.

Sergio and Dark Horse didn't even know they existed until I showed
Sergio one at the Con and he took it to a meeting with Dark Horse.  So
while they are interesting items, I don't see them as any different from
a trade that I could take to a bindery and have rebound in hardback
format.  And since they are not Groo reprints, I will not be adding them
to the Groo List (and obsessively collect them).  At least not under the
reprint section.

But that's just me.

Gary G.