[Groop] Online Comics

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 15:49:14 PDT 2011

I second Girl Genius, it is BRILLIANTLY done and a must-read for me every
Mon-Wed-Fri!
That's my only true ***** rating, although I was tempted with some of my entries
below.

My rating system:
 ***** - The Bestest of the Bestest
 **** - Excellent
 *** - Well Done
 ** - Awkward but a guilty pleasure
 * - Not worth my time
0* - Blecch!

The other webcomics I am into are:

Sinfest - http://www.sinfest.net - Rating****
Fascinating characterizations, a playful look at good, evil, corruption and
seduction. God is a playful prankster who likes to mock his creations with
hand-puppets, the Devil is a slick pimpster, the focus is more on naughtiness
than true evil.

Wayward Sons - http://waywardsons.keenspot.com - Rating**1/2
A bit pretentious but good fun once you get into it. Too many characters for my
ADHD-addled mind to follow.

Questionable Content - http://questionablecontent.net - Rating***
Hipster love in an ex-goth's coffee shop, funny stuff and strong
characterizations.
Start about halfway through the archive, the art greatly improves as he develops
his style

Nicky510- http://www.nicky510.com - Rating**1/2
Dennis the Menace meets Alf.

The Book of Biff - http://www.thebookofbiff.com - Rating***
Wonderfully absurd silliness.

Maximumble - http://maximumble.com - Rating***
Silly silly silly!

Dumbing of Age - http://www.dumbingofage.com - Rating***

Quantum Vibe - http://www.quantumvibe.com - Rating***

Bug - http://www.bugcomic.com - Rating***

Medium Large -    http://medium-large.com - Rating***

XKCD-http://xkcd.com - Rating****

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja -    http://drmcninja.com - Rating****
He's a ninja who's also a doctor. Brilliant absurdist fun!!!

Last Kiss - http://www.gocomics.com/lastkiss - Rating****
Classic Romance Comic artwork with reqorked, sarcastic and cutting edge
dialogue. Masterfully done!

Snowflakes - http://www.snowflakescomic.com - Rating***
Troublesome tykes in an Andes Orphanage? It works!

Spinnerette - http://www.krakowstudios.com/spinnerette - Rating**1/2
Wasn't sure I'd get through the first few episodes of this Spider-Girl superhero
romp, but it has really grown on me!

Weapon Brown - http://www.whatisdeepfried.com - Rating****
Mature readers, and by that I mean immature of mind but mature of age. NOT for
everyone!
It's a look at good Old Charlie Brown in a Post Apocalyptic Wasteland. Chuck
fights and slaughters other comic strip characters ranging from the obscure to
the iconic.

Spacetrawler - http://spacetrawler.com - Rating****1/2
Brilliant Comedic Space Opera!

Atland by our own Nate Piekos - http://www.realmofatland.com/index.php -
Rating****
Sparky Urinetoast at his best, fun stuff!

Order of the Stick - http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html -
Rating****1/2
Gaming Gags Galore! Must-read for D&D fans!

Erfworld - http://www.erfworld.com - Rating****
Another must read for D&D gamers, it's ther tale of a gamemaster pulled bodily
into a game scenario.
Awash in pop-culture references!

Lair of the Dreaded Atrox - http://www.theatrox.com/lair - Rating***
Reformed lovable man-eating monster and pals.

Axe Cop - http://www.axecop.com/index.php/achome/index - Rating***
 Written by a five-year old boy and drawn (and cowritten for clarity, not
content) by his 29-year old brother. FUN silliness!

 -Larry "mrgrooism" Steller