[Groop] San Diego Comic-Con

Gary Grossmann garyg5678 at live.com
Tue Mar 6 13:52:07 PST 2012

Hi Folks!

I agree the whole SD Con situation has become ridiculous.  I didn't mind as much as many do about the comics being overwhelmed by other stuff, but the way it has made it impossible (not merely dificult, but actually impossible) for so many folks to get tickets is just terrible.

I get in as Sergio's "Staff" so I'm covered.  But I wanted to get tickets at the 2011 con for 2012 for family members and of course it was as Chris described.  Actually, after standing in line for an hour or so I found out that "Staff" were not even eligible to buy tickets at the Con.  (So I guess what that meant was that we were not eligible to stand in line for four hours and NOT get tickets)   We had tried to get tickets for the family for 2011 online and as some surely recall, that was a big fiasco too.  In fact it was a big fiasco several times.

So maybe its time to shift to WonderCon or BigWowCon as the place for Groopies to go to to see Sergio and Mark, and Stan and Tom and fellow Groopies.

I hope to see somebody from the Groop this year!  Take care,

Gary G.