[Groop] Wonder Con

Chris McCollum cwmemac at msn.com
Sun Mar 18 17:01:02 PDT 2012

One more thing about Wonder Con in Anaheim. This is the first con that I went to where I ended up watching girls volleyball. At the convention center, 3/4 ths of the floor space was being used by a club girls volley ball league. Maybe 50 games going on at once! All day and into the evening, for all 3 days. The admission was free, but they wouldn't let you in if you had a comic con badge on??! When I asked the door man why that was, he said that the parents were paranoid about their girls being around comic con members. If you take off your badge you can go in. It was funny to see in the hallways, the girls posing for pictures with the con guests, and the comic con guests posing for pictures for the volley ball players. I wonder what they would have thought if I had my "Did I Error?" t shirt on.          Chris McCollum from Garden Grove