[Groop] Wonder Con

Gary Grossmann garyg5678 at live.com
Sun Mar 18 18:07:42 PDT 2012

Hey Chris!

Sergio isn't still in the hospital.  He's been out for quite a while.

Gary G.

From: cwmemac at msn.com
To: groop at groo.com
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:18:20 -0700
Subject: [Groop] Wonder Con

Hello, this is Chris McCollum from Garden Grove, who was shut out of San Diego this year after more that 20 years in a row, Groop member #1982 0052, Gary. Reporting from the Wonder Con in Aneheim. At the quick draw competion Friday at Wonder Con, I had asked Mark how Sergio was doing. Mark said to hold on, he would get to that during the panel. Sure enough, after explaining why Sergio couldn't be there due to his hospital stay(bad back) he called Sergio's bed side phoneand let us all listen in. Sergio sounded great and said he was envious of every one there, the place that he really wanted to be. Mark asked about his nurses and he said that he couldn't say too much because they brought him his food. Sergio said that he was doing much better and he was doing 2 pages a day from his hospital bed. He hoped to go home soon. I saw Stan Sakai on the con floor, and with Mark being there I think that there might have been a Groo panel if Sergio had been well. Scott Shaw! was there as well. The Con was great on Friday, but by Saturday, the Hollywood crowd had arrived and the ballroom was almost impossible to get into. Other than that It was a very nice Con and so close to me that I had to go. I will miss San Diego though, even with all it's flaws. Chris McCollum
_______________________________________________ Groop mailing list Groop at groo.com http://mailman.newdream.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/groop