[Groop] Groo Sale!

Elie A. Harriett elie at harriett.us
Fri Mar 30 22:23:55 PDT 2012

You're right about the delicacy here :)

I too, am not above saying I've gotten nothing digitally through some of these same means. I too have physical copies of many of those things like you.  Usually, the only time I venture into that realm is when there's something I cannot get through traditional means, for one reason or another (you'd be surprised how hard it is to obtain certain items through traditional means.  I'm not talking about cost here, I'm talking about access).  It definitely isn't a place I go to often.

Haven't gone the non-legit route for Groo yet, but that's only because, frankly, there's so many other comic series' I'm catching up on now through legit purchases after being out of it for so long that I haven't even thought about going back and rereading Groos I've already read.  However, I admit that when I think about it, I really am holding back on Groo because I know the creators (hi, guys) and I'm willing to wait until they're ready to get them up online.  I've already repurchased what's available, I can wait a little longer :)

By the way, for those who don't know where to find these legit (read: legally purchased comic books digitally) go to digital.darkhorse.com, or comixology.com   The Groos are on Dark Horse, most every other publisher has moved over to comixology.  My personal opinion: Comixology beats the pants off of the Dark Horse app.  But DH does do some things better and both are a whole lots better than some of the other apps that came before them.  If you haven't tried either in the past 6 months, go back and check them out now.

End of plug.
Elie