[Groop]Report from Motor City Comic Con - Groo Addendum

MisterElie at aol.com MisterElie at aol.com
Sat May 17 01:40:19 PDT 2003

Something just occurred to me......

I've been to about half a dozen comic cons since 2000.  At every one, both
Janet and I have worn a Groo T-shirt at least one of the days.  And every day
I always wear some kind of comics-related attire.  Aside from a Groo &
Rufferto and a Groo 20th Ann. shirt, I've also got a con wardrobe consisting
of Superman, Batman, Star Wars, Star Trek, and other shirts.  Janet has a
Wonder Woman, Vampirella, and a Daily Planet staff shirt along with the same
Groo shirts I have.  Yet for some reason, no one ever comments about any
non-Groo shirt we wear.  But every time we wear a Groo shirt to a con,
there's at least one person who asks about Groo, or has something positive to
say about Groo, or tells us an acecdote about either Sergio or Mark.

I bring this up becuase it has happened at every con I've attended since my
first one in 2000.  No one ever notices us when we wear any shirts except
Groo.  We blend in perfectly when not wearing Groo -- or as perfectly as
anyone can blend in when they're in a room surrounded by Imperial
stormtroopers, Klingons, and the occasional Wookie.

Can someone explain this phenomenon?  If not, can someone NAME this
phenomenon?  Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Elie