[Groop] Johnny Carson's Cheese Dip

Pengyfelix at aol.com Pengyfelix at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 20:46:01 PST 2005

Two words:  Cheez Whiz.  If that fails, check your grocery  store's chip
aisle.  I've yet to find a supermarket that doesn't stock  Frito Brand Mild
Cheddar Cheese Dip (much tastier than Cheez Whiz, and don't get  me started on
Velveeta).  It's in a can a little taller than a tuna can and  it's usually stocked
somewhere around the bean dip and the salsa con  queso.

Cheese dip may be somewhat more prevalent in the West, but they  do sell it
here in Ohio.  I may be wrong, but I think the farther East  you go in the US,
the less variety of dip you get. I haven't seen clam dip  since I left Oregon
and no one out here makes a decent spinach dip.  Maybe  it has something to do
with the Philly Cheesesteak or the Coney Island hot  dog--two things I never
heard of until I left the west coast.

Janet

_http://janetharriett.blogspot.com_ (http://janetharriett.blogspot.com/)